“How we choose to adorn ourselves makes a statement about who we are.”

 I’ve been in the arts all my life and if I’m not creating I feel totally lost. I love creating art for people and nothing pleases me more than to create a piece of jewelry and see someone wearing and enjoying it! I began making bead jewelry about 10 years ago and discovered Precious Metal Clay quite by accident while doing an internet search to find a silver-smithing class. I wanted to expand my bead jewelry by incorporating unique, one of a kind, precious metal adornments and focal pieces so PMC has allowed me to do just that.

Whether you desire ready-made jewelry or wish to have the fruits of your own imagination brought to life through my custom creation services or want to learn more about creating your own pieces of precious metal jewelry, Bygone Baubles is here to assist you.


What is Precious Metal Clay:


Precious Metal Clay is a clay-like substance that becomes pure precious metal after it is fired in a kiln. It contains microscopic particles of precious metal (silver, gold or platinum) suspended in an organic binder combined with a small amount of water.
Precious Metal Clay was invented by Mitsubishi Materials Corporation in Japan and has only been available in the United States for a few years. I discovered PMC quite accidentally while doing an internet search for silver-smithing classes and decided instead to take a couple courses on how to work with Precious Metal Clay.


Due to its consistency, Precious Metal Clay can be formed using techniques often employed in clay work. It can be sculpted, molded, carved, stamped and more! After the piece has been prepared to your satisfaction, it is air dried and then fired in a kiln at between 1450 and 1650F for up to 2 hours (times vary depending on the manufacturer's directions for the specific product being used). The end result is pure fine silver, gold or platinum.